Author: runsarahrun
•8:37 AM

So this is most likely my final blog before the marathon. Less than 48 hours to go. Between now and the start I plan to clean the house (in the process of doing laundry right now – ugh), finish the itinerary for Chris and the family on Monday, put my playlist together, go to the eye doctor & get new contacts & possibly new glasses, pack my bag to come with me to Hopkinton & then bussed back to Boston to meet me at the finish line, greet family coming in to town to enjoy Marathon Weekend, have a relaxing dinner with the fam, catch up, go to the Marathon Expo at the Hynes, pick up my bib number & welcome packet, check-in for Dana-Farber at the Marriott Copley, and attend the pasta dinner party at Copley where I’ll finally get to meet Andrea’s family & Ashley and her family! And last but not least … desperately try to get to sleep early tonight & tomorrow night.

I have no words of wisdom. All I know is that "the hay is in the barn", as Jack Fultz, my coach at Dana-Farber (and the winner of the 1976 Boston Marathon) says. Between when my training began and now I have logged 4 runs of 20 miles or more, almost 700 miles total, many treadmill sessions, made some new friends, and managed to raise almost $4,000 for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge!! With all of that hard work and all of that support how could I not be ready? I'm ready... very ready.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of the following supporters that have made such a huge difference in helping me reach my goals during the past 6 months – words cannot express just how much I really appreciate your generosity and kind words of encouragement:

Lorraine Allen
Kim & Rick Blass
Mary Ellen Blass
Banita Butcher
Diane & Frank Campagna
Diana Campagna
Edna Clarke
Anne Crocker
Chris Crocker (the best husband in the world – I’m so lucky!!)
Joe & Christine Crocker
Lisa Crocker
Mike Duran
Charles & Sue Feltes
Paul Filtzer
Katherine & Tim Fischer (two donations – thanks so much, Katherine!!)
Pat & Kiely Gamelin
Jonas Geiger
Kelly Gerstenberg
Franklin & Krista Gould
Marcia Greeley
Bill & Iris Griffiths
Bridget Griffiths
Tucker Houle
Kathy Hunter
Muriel & Robert Jankuska (thanks, Nana & Papa!)
BJ & Kristine Jankuska
Shana Krasnow
Mr. & Mrs. Krasnow/Datarite, Inc.
Andrinna Leask
Matt Magliozzi
Nicole McKeever
Dave & Sue Novell
Margaret Perkins
Anthony Petrosinelli
Jessica Podkulski
Melissa Robotti
David Shea
Heather & Yash Soni
Lavenia Thibeau

If you read this before Monday afternoon, I'm in the second/last wave of the marathon, starting at 10:30AM. My bib number is 22603 and my DOB is 09/01/1977 (in case you want to use the athlete tracker to track me.) Just got to this website: http://registration.baa.org/2010/cf/RegAthleteAlert/pg_AthleteAlert.cfm?mode=preentry&snap=93465841&
I will be wearing a very bright multi-colored Dana-Farber running singlet (dominant color is orange), black running capris, and a hat (haven’t decided if it will be my white hat or black – most likely white to make me more visible).

Again, thanks for tracking me along the way!
|
This entry was posted on 8:37 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: