•7:16 PM
Three weeks ago I was really anxious. I finished my 22 miler and I wanted the marathon to hurry up and get here. Well, now it's here!! Boston is really gearing up! The signs are out ... and the big weekend is almost upon us! Last week I had knots (BIG ONES) in my stomach. I wanted to throw up every single day (twice). The nerves really got to me. Now ... with just a week to go ... I AM EXCITED! I'M PUMPED! LET ME AT IT! JUST TRY TO HOLD ME BACK! I find myself smiling, by accident, just thinking about the marathon and Dana-Farber!
I bought my shot blocks & the Hubs picked up some boullion cubes for me (don’t ask!) for race day. We went to REI to pick up some last minute goods that I needed - it's all becoming so real now!
I would like to use this blurb to send a very special thank you to my extremely awesome & super handsome husband, Chris, because he has been SO supportive of my run for Dana-Farber! I really couldn't ask for a better husband & best friend. Chris, thank you very, VERY much from the bottom of my heart for all of your support – you have had to put up with so much over the past 6 months. I seriously think that it rivaled dealing with me while studying for the RI & MA bar exams (UGH, don’t remind me)! I know that you were ready to throw me out the window then, and I am so grateful that you haven’t (yet) locked me outta the house! Through the many tears of frustration, and fear, the rank smelling running clothes after long runs, to the oodles of $$ spent on running gear and countless hours spent on the computer updating my blog, creating fundraising newsletters, stuffing envelopes & sending out emails … you were there right by my side supporting me. I could not have done it without you ...!


0 comments: