Author: runsarahrun
•10:16 AM
WOO HOO!! So I looked up the BAA website and searched my name and there it was: 22603, my official bib number for THE Boston Marathon. I got chills. It’s getting so close and the days are flying by. Having said that, Marathon Weekend cannot come soon enough.

For some reason this week, it’s like all of the months of training suddenly caught up with me and I’m EXHAUSTED. I can barely hold my head up and my eyelids feel like little lead weights. I know I’m eating enough (no chance of undereating for me!!), and I’ve taken it easy and backed off the cardio a few days now, so it doesn't feel like I'm overdoing it by any means (if anything it's the opposite). I’m averaging about 6-7 hours of sleep each night, although the quality of my sleep isn’t that great. And I’ve had a nasty awful headache pretty much every single day for the past week (unusual for me) – which may quite likely be related to the fatigue issue I’m battling. I have no idea what's going on, but I hope it passes and I feel better soon.

Quick recap of the past few weeks: Ran the Providence St. Patty's Day 5k with a few friends - gorgeous day but a tad warm for running in my opinion. Nonetheless, I had a blast!  Celebrated with some cheesecake, lunch & long island iced teas at the Cheesecake Factory afterwards - holy yum!!! Had my longest training run of the season just over a week ago: 22 miles in 29 degree temperatures. What a beautiful run, though. I tried slurping down some salt packets during the 2nd half of the run, and to my surprise it wasn't gross at all, didn't make me super thirsty, and actually made me feel like a had a bit of a pep in my step by the 18 mile mark. Bring on the boullion cubes for Marathon Monday, baby (I never thought I'd be crunching down on boullion cubes while running 26.2 miles, but at this point nothing could surprise me!).

Now that I am in the tapering phase of my training, I have a short 14 mile run to do in the next few days, a bunch of stretching workouts, a speed workout and some strength sessions - but that's about it. Next weekend is my last "long run" of 10 miles. And then I'm in the home stretch. Only 15 more days to go!!

Anyway, that’s it for now… getting super psyched for the race – coming up on the 2-week mark now!

Bib Name Age M/F City State Country Ctz *
________________________________________
22603 Crocker, Sarah 32 F North Reading MA USA
|
This entry was posted on 10:16 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: