•5:46 AM
I am thrilled to announce that I am one of very few Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team members who have not one but TWO patient partners. Unfortunately, unlike Ashley Dumont, my patient partner who is thankfully doing well right now, Andrea Moore, my new partner, passed away just over one year ago, on March 2, 2009.
It is in her memory that I will also be running the 114th Boston Marathon 2 weeks from today. While I have yet to connect with and meet Andrea's family, rumor has it that they will be flying in to town for Marathon Weekend!! Andrea, who passed away at 18 years old, fought not one but two valiant battles with ALL - a form of leukemia, after being diagnosed at the age of 6. While I am sad that I never had the opportunity to get to know Andrea, I am thrilled that her family has decided to participate in the In-Memory Program with the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, and honored to be running the Boston Marathon for Andrea and her family.
You can read more about Andrea here: http://www.wickedlocal.com/sherborn/news/lifestyle/health/x1681070373





0 comments: