Author: runsarahrun
•7:17 PM
For some reason I have been in a reflective mood lately. Not that this is unusual for me – I’m quite an introspective person to begin with. That, coupled with an anal and judgmental personality & I’m never too far from reflecting upon myself and my past. Bear with me here as I ramble …


A few things have got me thinking about my life ten years ago – I won’t bore you with those details. Suffice it to say, I ‘ain’t getting’ any younger …!

Upon reflecting on my life 20 years ago (pre-Hubs), I couldn’t help but think about how I have changed over the years. I was so young, carefree and completely unaware of things like trans fat, white flour, high fructose corn syrup, splenda, diet coke, scales, US Weekly, reality television, bills, jobs, health insurance, law school loans, etc.

Most of my growth has been positive, but a part of me wishes I could have some of my almost 13 year-old self back — the confidence that comes with ignorance and inexperience. So, I thought about what my old self would tell the current me…

Dear Matured Sarah,


You really need to smile a little more. You are way too hard on yourself. Live a little and eat a Snickers every once in awhile. You are good enough just the way you are. Oh yeah, what’s up with the ban on shorts? Your legs aren’t chunky and capri pants are not a good look for you. Work on that, please. Also, you have nothing to prove, so relax. I bet everything will work out as I’ve made excellent 5 and 10 year plans.


Love,


Young Sarah

******

Dear Young Sarah,


You are absolutely right, but I also want to tell you something. You need to be less judgmental. When you meet people, try to accept them for who they are. No, they won’t be perfect and no they might not end up being the best friend you ever had, but they are people and you need nice, kind, fun people in your life. Also, you have nothing to prove, so relax. Everything will work out even if life does not conform to your current plan.


Love,


Mature Sarah
|
This entry was posted on 7:17 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: