Author: runsarahrun
•7:14 PM
Running 26.2 miles from Hopkinton to downtown Boston for the Boston Marathon on 4.19.2010 is a massive undertaking. I'll be running in memory of lost family members such as my maternal grandmother and aunt on my husband’s side.


I don't want the dedication to lost loved ones to stop there, however. I want to open up this event to as many people as I can. Apart from the obvious effects of raising 1000's of dollars for the Claudia Adams Barr Program, it is my sincere hope that this run will have as far reaching an effect as possible and will serve to inspire and to give hope and comfort to as many people as possible. I know from the 1000's of emails I've received over the last few years, just how much the run in 2007 and the cause I was running for meant to all of those people who got in touch. It soon became apparent that for every 1 runner like me, there are thousands of stories of great loss but usually great inspiration also.
It is my hope that the 100’s of training miles & the actual 26.2 miles itself of the run from Hopkinton to Boston on April 19th will be dedicated to the memory of a lost loved one. Nearer the time of the run, I will create a register on this site of all of the names and provide space for a comment or dedication to be left if the recipient wishes. These people will be in my thoughts as I run each mile and I will most certainly hope to draw on the dedications left for inspiration as well as running in their memory.

If you would like to donate to my Boston Marathon run dedicated to the memory or in honor of someone you can either:

- go to the website below to make a secure online (tax deductible) donation:
   http://www.rundfmc.org/2010/sarahc; or
- make a check payable to "Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge" and send it to me at:
Sarah Crocker
109 Lowell Road, Unit 313
North Reading, MA 01864

Hopefully, all miles will be dedicated, but one thing is for sure, it will be an honor and a privilege to run in the memory of all of those people who are sadly no longer with us.

In closing, I would be remiss if I did not mention the recent donors that contributed in the past week, pushing me over the halfway mark - WOO HOO! This has completely made my week - I am thrilled to be in the company of people with such big hearts! I want to thank the following extremely generous friends & family members: Carol Shea & Family, Diane & Frank Campagna, Banita Butcher, and Shana Krasnow. Thank you all for your continued love and support, it is truly appreciated!  

|
This entry was posted on 7:14 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: