•5:50 PM

- I will not run any miles faster than 10:30 pace until I am past mile 20. And yes, folks, 10:30 pace after running 20 miles is fast for such a slow poke like me ...! ;)
- I will not freak out if any of my miles are a little slow and try to even it out by running the next one faster.
- I will not freak out if I look at my Garmin and the pace is a little off.....this happens and there is no reason to speed up to correct it.
- I will not mentally give up.
- I will not allow myself to walk (except briefly at water stops so I don't get water up my nose!).
- I will run the best race I am capable of running.
- I will not make excuses for myself.
- I will not feel sorry for myself.
- I will trust my training.
- I will have fun!
Ok.....so they aren't quite Moses-on-a-stone-tablet worthy, but then again....I don't remember Moses ever running a marathon :)


0 comments: