•5:16 PM
I need to post more. When things aren’t going well or I don’t have anything “motivational” to say, I tend not to write. I want so badly to be a leader and set a good example. But I can’t do that if I write negative, cranky, draggy posts. And who wants to read about someone failing? And, quite honestly, how many times can a person write “I’m still tired and not feeling so great” anyway? It gets old. But then again, if I’m only blogging when something exciting or happy occurs, I’m not going to blog very much (which is exactly what’s happening).
Anyway, the weekend is over. As great as it was having Black Friday off to spend with the Hubs and shop ‘til we dropped, it was exhausting. The family parties, the eating, the sloth-like behaviour just dragged on for four or so days. How can one be so tired when one hardly did anything at all?! I would love to have a nice quiet weekend. It seems that every weekend is always filled with tons to do and to be done or like the last weekend, filled with (sick) people out to get me sick (can you tell I’m a tad jaded? :)). This coming weekend I have no plans, other than errands (really need to get crackin' on my first newsletter to send out, as well as X-Mas cards).
So I survived Monday & Tuesday, barely! I was more than tired yesterday when I got home. Thank god that the house was clean and the Hubs cooked dinner (who am I kidding, what’s new – thankfully he makes dinner 99% of the time, a daily occurrence which I am extremely grateful for!). I pretty much ate dinner, laid down on the carpet in front of the fire and was out for the count. The goal was to sleep off the crappy feeling I had yesterday.
This morning I felt like playing dead in the bed. Let’s face it – I’m not the most chipper person to be around when I’m feeling sick, and while I had hoped last night that this would merely be a cold with sneezing and sniffles, this morning I woke up to a splitting headache, chills, fever and body aches to boot. It takes A LOT to get me to throw up – it rarely happens (as I rarely ever get sick, to be honest)… but this morning I was worshipping the porcelain throne, with no food in my stomach, at 6am. UGH. :( Needless to say, there haven’t been many runs lately, nor any cross training. The last great workout I had was the day before Thanksgiving. A week ago. Grrr. But I know the importance of rest & fluid, particularly when one is not feeling up to snuff. So I will try and heed my own advice and rest. Now… if only it were warm enough outside (and I had enough room) to break out my hammock…!
Anyway, the weekend is over. As great as it was having Black Friday off to spend with the Hubs and shop ‘til we dropped, it was exhausting. The family parties, the eating, the sloth-like behaviour just dragged on for four or so days. How can one be so tired when one hardly did anything at all?! I would love to have a nice quiet weekend. It seems that every weekend is always filled with tons to do and to be done or like the last weekend, filled with (sick) people out to get me sick (can you tell I’m a tad jaded? :)). This coming weekend I have no plans, other than errands (really need to get crackin' on my first newsletter to send out, as well as X-Mas cards).
So I survived Monday & Tuesday, barely! I was more than tired yesterday when I got home. Thank god that the house was clean and the Hubs cooked dinner (who am I kidding, what’s new – thankfully he makes dinner 99% of the time, a daily occurrence which I am extremely grateful for!). I pretty much ate dinner, laid down on the carpet in front of the fire and was out for the count. The goal was to sleep off the crappy feeling I had yesterday.
This morning I felt like playing dead in the bed. Let’s face it – I’m not the most chipper person to be around when I’m feeling sick, and while I had hoped last night that this would merely be a cold with sneezing and sniffles, this morning I woke up to a splitting headache, chills, fever and body aches to boot. It takes A LOT to get me to throw up – it rarely happens (as I rarely ever get sick, to be honest)… but this morning I was worshipping the porcelain throne, with no food in my stomach, at 6am. UGH. :( Needless to say, there haven’t been many runs lately, nor any cross training. The last great workout I had was the day before Thanksgiving. A week ago. Grrr. But I know the importance of rest & fluid, particularly when one is not feeling up to snuff. So I will try and heed my own advice and rest. Now… if only it were warm enough outside (and I had enough room) to break out my hammock…!



0 comments: