Ever have one of those weekends in training that did not go as you had planned it? It was such a weekend for me.
I didn't get to my first DFMC group run last Saturday because of some company arriving in the morning (due to the snowstorm/blizzard that arrived later that day), and I just could not leave the entire house to the Hubs to clean, on top of going to the grocery store and preparing a mini feast for our guests. So… no group long run in Lexington for me. And of course, I had the best of intentions Sunday morning, but we were buried one foot in snow and rather than get my long run on the treadmill over and done with (a cardinal rule for me – if it doesn’t get done in the morning, it doesn’t seem to get done at all), I worked. And worked. And… worked some more. By the time 7pm hit I was finally done working (the price one pays for taking off 12/22 – 12/28 from work – well worth it if you ask me!) and exhausted. So no long run yesterday. I really was frustrated with myself for missing out on the group run Saturday, but need to let go of the perfectionism and embrace flexibility. I ended up getting up at 4am this morning to get a medium run in (an easy pace for 10k - it's less than optimal, but I am in this for the long haul, so when I keep that in mind, it seems alright) before coming to work. But nothing beats following through on the actual plan.
Speaking of plans, the goal is to hit the road this week and rack up some miles (lofty, considering my trip to NYC tomorrow with the Hubs [CANNOT WAIT – I have *always* wanted to visit NYC at X-Mas time & skate at Rockefeller Center, sip hot cocoa & browse the stores, etc!!!], the oodles of shopping & gift wrapping still left to do, and dozens of miles to be put on the car traveling to family for the holidays). However, I intend to stick as close to my weekly mileage goals as possible, while doing my utmost to allow some flexibility in to the plan. Afterall, I’m not a robot and I do need to remain sane (which I why it is crucial to include in the training my new fav beverage: “Apple Pie”: Harpoon Winter Lager mixed w/ Harpoon Apple Cider. Oh. My. God. YUM! :)
On an unrelated note, thank you so much to Lisa Crocker for donating to Dana-Farber this morning – it is truly appreciated, Lisa – THANK YOU!!! Merry Christmas, all! :)
I didn't get to my first DFMC group run last Saturday because of some company arriving in the morning (due to the snowstorm/blizzard that arrived later that day), and I just could not leave the entire house to the Hubs to clean, on top of going to the grocery store and preparing a mini feast for our guests. So… no group long run in Lexington for me. And of course, I had the best of intentions Sunday morning, but we were buried one foot in snow and rather than get my long run on the treadmill over and done with (a cardinal rule for me – if it doesn’t get done in the morning, it doesn’t seem to get done at all), I worked. And worked. And… worked some more. By the time 7pm hit I was finally done working (the price one pays for taking off 12/22 – 12/28 from work – well worth it if you ask me!) and exhausted. So no long run yesterday. I really was frustrated with myself for missing out on the group run Saturday, but need to let go of the perfectionism and embrace flexibility. I ended up getting up at 4am this morning to get a medium run in (an easy pace for 10k - it's less than optimal, but I am in this for the long haul, so when I keep that in mind, it seems alright) before coming to work. But nothing beats following through on the actual plan.
Speaking of plans, the goal is to hit the road this week and rack up some miles (lofty, considering my trip to NYC tomorrow with the Hubs [CANNOT WAIT – I have *always* wanted to visit NYC at X-Mas time & skate at Rockefeller Center, sip hot cocoa & browse the stores, etc!!!], the oodles of shopping & gift wrapping still left to do, and dozens of miles to be put on the car traveling to family for the holidays). However, I intend to stick as close to my weekly mileage goals as possible, while doing my utmost to allow some flexibility in to the plan. Afterall, I’m not a robot and I do need to remain sane (which I why it is crucial to include in the training my new fav beverage: “Apple Pie”: Harpoon Winter Lager mixed w/ Harpoon Apple Cider. Oh. My. God. YUM! :)
On an unrelated note, thank you so much to Lisa Crocker for donating to Dana-Farber this morning – it is truly appreciated, Lisa – THANK YOU!!! Merry Christmas, all! :)



0 comments: