Author: runsarahrun
•12:07 PM



Had my first run in over a week this morning... still weezing and sniffling, but I'm back on track! And surprisingly, the run went really well - wasn't winded at all. Of course, it helped that I was nice and warm in the gym on the treadmill the whole time and not sucking in the cold 30 degree air outside. But I'm not gonna lie - I was super disappointed this morning to wake up and realize that the sidewalks were too icy for my liking for a run outside. Don't ask me why it didn't dawn on me last night as the Hubs and I were decorating the X-Mas tree all cozy with the fireplace roaring, watching the snow falling elegantly outside! Which reminds me... I really need to come up with some type of traction solution for my runners so that I can get through the long runs with the rest of the DFMC team on the roads of Boston this winter, without breaking my ankle. I'm sure there must be some type of trail-running traction device out there - must add that to the do-to list.

Anywhoo... I have turned a new leaf today. I am shedding the fundraising anxiety that has exponentially increased this past week, knowing that my newsletter & email campaigns will be starting any day now. I am relinquishing the stress of knowing that I will have to be asking people to shell out $$ in a difficult economy and tough time of the year (both before X-Mas and right after), and instead remaining positive, knowing that there are so many people right now that have much bigger battles that they are fighting than I am. Who am I to stress out about raising a measly $5,000? I'm not fighting for my life. I'm not undergoing chemo, or holding a family member's hand as they go through test after test, and experimental treatments. I have so much to be thankful for and appreciative of...  so I am letting go of the anxiety and embracing the challenge. I will do everything in my power to get the awareness out there, to let everyone know that Dana Farber needs help to raise the funds necessary to support untested theories that may successfully treat and ultimately cure cancer, and that without these funds all of the patients at the Jimmy Fund Clinic currently fighting the battle of cancer have an even tougher battle ahead of them.

I am very much looking forward to the commencement of the 2010 DFMC team training schedule which was just released... the start date is the week of December 14 -20 and the first long run planned is 8-10 miles, depending on where you're at with your training already. The Greater Boston Running Company is hosting the first long run, which is super exciting - I've heard nothing but good things about their runs in Lexington... so bring it on, baby - 8am on the 19th, I am so there - back on track and more motivated than ever!
|
This entry was posted on 12:07 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: