•6:27 PM
While I am extremely blessed and have so much to be grateful and appreciative for, unfortunately I have a number of friends and family members that had such a difficult, challenging year in 2009. From financial setbacks to health issues, love loss and job loss, 2009 is a year that I looked forward to kissing good-bye. Having said that, I've made some wonderful memories with my husband, family, and friends ... and learned to finally stand on my own in many respects. I've made some fantastic new friends, and visited old ones, moved (yet again) into a new home, had some awesome vacations with my husband, and ran both my first marathon (success!), and second marathon (hell on earth!). I am so fortunate to have had more triumphs than disappointments, and I feel as though I've grown tremendously in a very short amount of time.
As far as this upcoming year is concerned, I look forward to seeing what 2010 will bring. I won't be naive enough to think there won't be hard times - but I've learned that Chris & I are more than tough enough to survive anything together. It's a good feeling - knowing that we're capable of handling whatever life throws our way. So bring it on 2010. We're ready for what ya got!
I must apologize for my sporadic blogs lately. I haven’t been on the computer much because I’ve been spending as much time as possible with my family. However, I love the excitement of New Years Day and I was looking forward to sitting down with my inner cheerleader to write about the wonderful possibilities the lay ahead in 2010. Instead, I let all of the errands and get-togethers, meetings and work get the better of me, cussing under my breath that I let them take priority, and praying that such isn’t indicative of the year to come.
Every year I start out with strong intentions ready to wash away all the stuff holding me back from my full potential. You know “this is year I’m really gonna….” but without fail my old habits will slowly begin to creep back into my life. I think this is why some people refuse to make resolutions. They know that they won’t be able to stick with them so why bother. On one hand, I get it. But, on the other, why let your past determine your future? Setbacks are a part of life. I’m human. I have issues. I have old habits that die hard. I take three steps forward and two steps back. Sometimes, I forget the steps all together and just sit down to throw a fit. But you know what? A good life takes some extra effort and despite not always believing it, I am worth it. Everyone is.
So in some respects, this year is like any other year. I’m working on some new resolutions and setting some new goals. Like other New Years, I’m super motivated right now but it won’t be long until that motivation starts waning. The bad habits will start creeping in. But you know what? I pack a mean punch, and I'm ready to tackle those bad habits head on. I am a little stronger than last year and ready to take on this year. So bring it 2010. I’m ready.



0 comments: